Monday, September 8, 2014

Close to my heart

Let me start by saying , being A Secret Santa is an amazing pass time for me , at times I gain tremendous joy from interacting and helping others who honestly don't know help is coming. The down fall is that maybe I expect too much from others and hope for more participation when it comes to giving back in our communities and I take it to heart. Can't tell you How many times have I heard companies and individuals say to me " let us know how we can help, we will be there" that's all fine and wonderful but when you do happen to knock on the door , there is no answer. I have spent countless hours and money to try and organize fund raisers or events that will help charities not just here in Vancouver but around the globe , some have worked , many have not
I know that people have busy schedules and life is amazingly hectic for everyone , I get it . I just hope that we as a people don't become so obsessed with amassing all that we can and forget about those who struggle to even find enough money to put food on the table for their children each night, buy living aids for there disabled children or pay for medications that they so desperately need to maintain a functioning existence in general society without being vilified for being different. The reality of our life now is that at any point in time this could be any of us.So many of us live pay check to pay check , what happens when that pay check runs out ? Just food for thought !
I am trying hard to keep fvsecretsanta.com going and maintained because I believe that it can be a very powerful tool to spread awareness for charities around the world , a platform that can raise money for special needs children , a place that the disabled can be proud to showcase and sell their hand made items without fear of being taken advantage of and without taking away from their $95.00  living allowance that they receive per month they attempt to live off of.
That all being said , I will jump from one soap box to another ! I am trying to plan a FOOD DRIVE  event for November in the Langley, Aldergrove, Abbotsford area, so far I have a moving company that is willing to donate a truck and personnel for the event , a local Vancouver music artist has agreed to play at the event  , now we just need to find a venue , date and a few sponsors that may be willing to make this dream of filling a truck for the food bank a reality. Fvsecretsanta.com will also be taking monetary donations with 100% of the donations going back into buying food items that are needed.If any of you know a company or would like to donate I encourage you to do so through the donation button on fvsecretsanta.com
I hope everyone will buy a wristband for charity , still available and easy to do through paypal , I pay to ship the wristbands
Don't forget Grammy's stockings , each one is original and personalized to your liking only $40 + shipping
Maybe I do hold charity causes too close to heart , but that's where my heart is "People Helping People"

No comments:

Post a Comment