Wednesday, August 13, 2014

PENTICTON'S FINEST

Have you ever been to Penticton?

As a summer or winter destination spot, this is the place to be! From your choice of skiing at Apex mountain or having your choice of two lakes Skaha or Okanagan lake, one at each end of town maybe 10 minutes from each other. Even if you don’t want to drive, blow up your inner tube and float the canal from lake to lake. The restaurants to ice cream shops and the many free concerts that take place all summer long you really can’t go wrong. One thing that is a must see and do is to stop in at Loco Landing. This is a place that starting with the owners Dustin and Diana and filtering all the way down to each and every one of their staff that no matter whom you are you are treated with respect and kindness. I had the honor of meeting Dustin and Diana, each one took the time to speak with me and wanted to know more about Santa and what he does and why he does it. I will admit at one point I got a wee bit emotional when discussing my wife’s journey right now and some of the plights that my son has to endure on a daily basis over his almost 9 years. These two people are teaching the young people of Penticton that there is a way to work hard while still having fun, each one of the staff that we had come in contact with were nothing but respectful and courteous, I made sure that Dustin and Diana knew my feelings on that, they already knew that of course they too had nothing but praise for each staff member and their dedication to making the best possible experience for each person that walks through the mist arches and into the park. People like Alesha who some of you may remember I tweeted about last year when she took time from her duties to help my son find the perfect way to use the monkey swing with only being able to use one arm. She actually remembered me from our last visit when the Santa Drop Doll came into conversation. This year not only were Madison and Alesha a big help but also a young lady Myra who when mini Santa was stuck high up on the Sky Trek she took the time to go up and walk him through his fear and by the end he was walking the rope bridges like a champ. Bumper boats, go Karts, mini golf does not matter how old you are it’s a great time and a great over all experience. I hope that I can talk more and learn from Dustin and Diana, as a man who is kind of struggling to find his way right now I would find them to be a big inspiration and great role models for anyone who is running a family business. These people get it, they are in the trenches setting the example and working just as hard as their staff to make work rewarding. The City of Penticton should be proud of what these people are doing for the youth in the town , giving kids a chance to shine in their community , be proud of the job they are doing while learning a valuable life skill, Hard work.  I say the words above because I admire a commitment to community, these people have it. Support this small family business the next time you are in Penticton or send them an email thanking them for employing the youth in the community each and every summer and letting them shine. I can’t wait to go back and neither can the Santa family. Thank you Loco Landing JOB VERY WELL DONE. http://www.locolanding.com/

2 comments:

  1. Well said Santa! I am proud to say these wonderful people have given my son the opportunity to work with and learn from them. He's having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is fantastic !! Diana and Dustin are great people

      Delete