Sunday, July 27, 2014

Exciting times


It’s been some time since I posted to “Santa’s Space” for those of you who read on a regular basis I apologize. Over the past few weeks some exciting new events have come across the table for Fraser Valley Secret Santa, I will get to them all as this ramble goes on.

Coming soon care of www.Utahsites.com, FVSecretSanta will be launching a new interactive website that will allow for the post and promotion of non profit charity events around the world and in communities in your area. My idea for the site was to give a voice for not just one charity but for all charities that need to be heard in their community. I am also hoping to get the sale board up and running on the site that would allow persons with a disability to post items they have made for sale, charities that have items for sale or individuals that are selling items that have a charitable contribution associated with the sale to anyone who may be interested. And I must add that unlike other sites FV Secret Santa will not be charging a fee for items sold – 100% of the money goes to the disabled person or charity selling the items. There will be space available for sale on the site once more funds generated from the site will be recycled back into community. Cool huh, I am very excited about this new project and I hope that all of you would help promo the site, you would be helping Charities all over the world.

The next item that I am SOOOOO excited about is the “Personalized Growth Charts” that I have been making for people, when a friend of mine said hey you should make these for everyone I thought, WHY NOT! Made from either Cherry wood or Black Walnut they are simply stunning. No more leaving marks on a wall or on a door frame and not being able to take the memories with you when you move. These boards look as good as the hardwood floor in your home. I have had people use the boards in their office, rec rooms and dens; I have even had grandmas use them in their home to mark each occasion when the grandkids come over. Whenever I sell one of these boards I am happy to say that a percentage of each growth chart sold will be donated to a local charity. If you are interested or know someone who may love one of these just send me an email or Direct message on Twitter and I will make sure that they are made and shipped to you wherever you may be (shipping charges obviously) I have also opened a paypal account to make it easier to get your growth charts made faster. The cost is $90.00 but the memories are priceless.

I wanted to mention a fantastic fundraiser that will be happening in Vancouver on September 18 at the fan club. Awesome Music and tons of fun and interactive events happening that night in the attempt to raise money for CanuckPlace children’s charity and for 60 minute kids club, tickets for the event are $25.00. if you need any information just give a quick shoutout to @malcomchrysta1 on twitter or email malcom@exercise-is-therapy.ca . I hope that you will all find some way to support this fantastic cause.

The last and final part of my rambling is in regards to the “Disabled Persons BBQ” that is happening on August 22, if you have been following FVSS for some time you know that each year in the summer the NPO that I work for has a HUGE BBQ for all of our disabled clients to attend and to have fun. Over the past 3 years I have been able to secure donations of hats, shirts, CD’s sporting tickets and various other female/ male hygiene items to give away to each and every person. I don’t see the point in having a raffle type draw and having just a select few feel like winners at this event and that is why I make sure that each and every one of the 113 clients that show up leave the BBQ feeling like winners because they are. For people who make $95.00 per month as a living allowance, anything they receive they are grateful for and cherish for a long time. So far this year I have only been able to secure 6 donations for this event, I have yet to fail in the 3 years I have been doing this so I am asking for help from all of #TeamSanta and your friends, if you know of any company that has a promotional budget and may be able to spare a donation or two please let me know. With just over 3 weeks to go I know it will be tough but we CAN do it.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post and I hope that you will take just a few more seconds to share with all that you know through email or Facebook and especially with the great people of Twitter. Just because you may not know of someone who may have a donation I am sure that someone on your follow list does.

No comments:

Post a Comment