Thursday, February 20, 2014

Santa To 10k

As I inch closer to my goal of #SantaTo10k I find myself wondering , how far do I go ? My whole idea for growing @FVSecretSanta is to be able to spread more awareness of social issues , be an inspiration to more people and  promote the donation of time -money or word of mouth for numerous charities here in Vancouver and around the world. I had someone ask me the other day how much have you raised for Charity ? Honestly I can not answer that question, there has been so many different causes that I have been a part of and to be frank I don't keep track and I don't want too ! If you start counting the pennies you lose track of the dollars and lose sight of why you are fund raising in the first place, helping people. I would love to one day hit 100k in followers and be able to know that I am reaching a large audience and making an impact. When I do leave this world ( not anytime soon I hope ) I don't want to be remembered for the material things I have , but for the heart in my body and for the values I have instilled in my children hoping they will carry on the KINDNESS TO OTHERS mission I find myself on. I want to thank everyone who has stood behind @fvsecretsanta and helped to build #TeamSanta to the point we are at now. It's never been about me or what I can gain from this whole thing , it's about you and what we can do together to help others in this world that have been dealt a hand that is hard to play. Thank you Vancouver , Canada , the World and especially every single person who believes in #TeamSanta. It's about People helping people. Much Love

No comments:

Post a Comment