Thursday, November 1, 2012

Mom

There is one word in the English language that can stir up more emotions than Oprah's book of the month. This word can make you angry,frustrated,happy,sad,proud,cry,laugh and grateful just when spoken,it's all in the interpretation.The word I am talking about is Family.
I am not sure how you feel about your family but mine is all the above plus a few more.This is a normal feeling.
Seeing Granny Santa this week has made me realize that the moments that we have with our families should be cherished and remembered.
I was thinking back to when I was young and how I wanted to be on my own left alone with no rules no responsibilities,man have times changed! As I grow older I find myself thinking more about granny Santa and what she has taught me.The life's lessons that a mother or father can teach and In still in you at a young age are key and last a life time .
As I raise my own kids I understand what granny was trying to teach me ,respect ,freedom of independent thinking and the ability to make my own mistakes.My sons are at an age that they can express how they feel and we encourage that.so many of the worlds brightest minds are silenced because people don't take the time to listen.I am not saying that my kids are the next Einsteins of the age,but they just may have an idea that could lead to peace or a cure for Cancer you never know.
I watch Mrs Santa as she raises my children and I think I am a very lucky man to have a patient and caring woman who shares the same values as I do surrounding our children.
Mothers around the world have the most thankless and difficult job and deserved to be recognized more than once a year with burn toast and concentrated orange juice in bed!
I want to personally thank not only my mom and my wife but all mothers around the world for being the most amazing and special people ever placed on this earth.
Even if you have the gamut of emotions towards your mom call her or see her when ever you can and tell them you love them.
I love the mother of my children and the mother of me .

No comments:

Post a Comment